MIAMI COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
School health visits, communicable disease control, Safe Communities programs, medical services, environmental & plumbing inspection and licensing, Project DAWN, birth & death certificates, childhood immunization clinic, adult immunizations, travel vaccines, adult physicals for work or school, HIV testing, prenatal wellness clinic, well child clinic, reproductive health & wellness clinic, WIC clinic, lead education and case management, “Help Me Grow” home visiting.
510 W. Water Street, Suite 130
Troy, Ohio 45373-2985
PHONE: (937) 573-3500
SERVICE AREA: Miami County
OFFICE DAYS: Monday – Friday, excluding holidays
OFFICE HOURS: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- School Health Visits in some school districts.
- Communicable Disease Control
- Safe Communities: Works together with the community to promote traffic safety and program goals through activities including blitzes, fatal crash reviews, statistical analysis and increasing traffic safety counter measures.
- Medical Services: Pregnancy tests, Prenatal Clinic, Reproductive health & Wellness Clinic, Well Child Clinic, TB testing, TB investigation and case Management, Rapid Strep test, Adult, Child, and travel vaccines. Adult physicals for work or school, HIV testing, and Children with Developmental & Special healthcare Needs (previously Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps, BCMH), Lead Poisoning Management. Bereavement support for families affected by Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Environmental & Plumbing: Licenses/Permits, Registration and Inspections for plumbing, food service/establishments, nuisances, animal bites, public swimming pools, campgrounds, smoke free workplace, body art, solid waste trucks, household salvage treatment systems and private water systems (including septic system design evaluation and water samples.)
- Project DAWN –Deaths avoided with Naloxone. Project DAWN is a community used opioid drug overdose location and Naloxone distribution program. Naloxone (also known as Narcan) is a lifesaving medication that can reverse an overdose that is caused by an opioid drug. Project DAWN teaches people how to recognize an overdose and how to respond using Naloxone nasal spray. Program is every Tuesday at MCPH from 12:00 – 1:30 p.m., or by appointment.
- Birth & Death Certificates: Certified copies for all Ohio Births, Death certificates for those events in most of Miami County. Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Childhood Immunization Clinic
- Tues. 8 – 11 am. and 1 – 3 pm.
- Thursday 8 am to11 am.
- First Thursday of every month 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Adult Immunizations – Mon – Friday 8 to 11 am & 1 to 3:00 pm.
- Travel Vaccines – By appointment only.
- Adult physicals for work or school – By appointment only.
- HIV testing – Walk in testing every Thursday 1- 3 pm. Free
- Prenatal Wellness Clinic – Wednesday – by appointment only.
- Well Child Clinic – Thursday – by appointment only.
- Reproductive Health & Wellness Clinic – Wednesday and Thursday – by appointment only.
- WIC Clinic
- Piqua site: Monday – Thursday by appointment only (937) 773-0184
- Troy site: Monday – Friday by appointment only (937) 573-3549.
- Lead Education and Case Management
- “Help me Grow” Home Visiting
- Prenatal: Verification of income, medical card/Insurance card; proof of positive pregnancy test if other than Health Dept.
- Immunization Clinic: Record of previous immunizations.
- Reproductive Health – Verification of income, medical card/insurance card.
HOW TO USE: Call for appointment or information.
- Clinic Services: Medicaid and private insurances accepted.
- Fees: If individual qualifies, fee’s calculated by a sliding fee schedule.