OHIO DEPARTMENT OF JOB & FAMILY SERVICES
Processing of Unemployment Compensation Claims
Ohio Unemployment Compensation
REGISTER FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS, CLAIM WEEKS, AND OBTAIN GENERAL CLAIMS INFORMATION BY TELEPHONE OR INTERNET
PHONE: 1-877-644-6562 Toll Free
1-888-642-8203 For hearing Impaired TTY Service Toll Free
SERVICE AREA: Ohio Residents
OFFICE HOURS: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
OFFICE DAYS: Monday through Friday except holidays
- Your Social Security number and either your driver license or state ID number
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Name, address, telephone number, and dates of your employment with each employer for whom you worked during the past 6 weeks of employment.
- If you had out of state employment within the past 18 months, the name, address, telephone number, and dates of your employment for each employer with whom you worked out of state during the past 18 months.
- If separated from military service with any branch of the U.S. armed forces within the past 18 months, your discharge papers (form DD-214, member 4).
- If employed by the federal government within the past 18 months, the SF-8 and/or SF-50 form given to you by the government employer at the time of your separation.
- The reason you became unemployed from each employer.
- Dependents’ names, social security numbers, and dates of birth.
- If claiming dependents, your spouse’s name, social security number, and birth date.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or National, alien registration number and expiration date of your work authorization.
- Your regular occupation and job skills.
HOW TO USE: All applications for unemployment compensation are done by phone Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Toll Free Number is:
For faster service call on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, or file On-line. When you call have paper and pencil available.