MIAMI COUNTY BOARD OF DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
1625 Troy-Sidney Road
Troy, Ohio 45373
PHONE: (937) 440-3099
FAX: (937) 440-1652
Ohio Dept. of Developmental Disabilities Early Intervention
Miami County Board of Developmental Disabilities Riverside
SERVICE AREA: Miami County
OFFICE HOURS: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
OFFICE DAYS: Monday – Friday
SERVICES: Early Intervention (EI) is a statewide system to support parents of infants and toddlers with developmental concerns. EI is focused on the philosophy that young children learn best from familiar people in familiar settings. EI builds upon and provides support and resources to families for enhancing children’s development and learning through everyday routines. It is a collaborative, home, and community-based system where families and a team work together to provide ongoing support for their child.
Early Intervention provides:
• Developmental assessment and evaluations
• Child developmental information
• Support parents through coaching to stimulate development in communication skills, motor, and
early learning and social-emotional development.
• Home visits with a primary service provider
• Assistance in locating community resources
• Service Coordination
ELIGIBILITY: Children birth to their 3rd birthday:
• Children with an eligible medical diagnosis
• Children who have eligible developmental delays
DOCUMENTS NEEDED: None
RESTRICTIONS: Services are provided in-home until a child reaches their 3rd birthday.
HOW TO USE: If you have a child with special needs or are concerned that you are not doing the same things that other children the same age are, call for information child.
FEE POLICY: Free