MIAMI COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH WIC PROGRAM
|Hobart Center for County Government|
510 W. Water Street, Suite 130
Troy, Ohio 45373
|Piqua Salvation Army|
129 S. Wayne Street
Piqua, Ohio 45356
(937) 773-0184 Piqua
SERVICE AREA: Miami County
Piqua: Tuesday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Troy: Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Every other Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Troy: Monday – Thursday & every other Friday
Piqua: Tuesday – Thursday
1. Screening for Nutritional Problems which includes assessing growth data, analyzing blood for iron, and evaluating dietary intake.
2. Nutrition Counseling helps improve eating habits that result in long-term improvement in health status.
3. Breastfeeding Education and Support which helps pregnant women make informed decisions on infant feeding, as well as providing support for breastfeeding women and their infants.
4. Authorized supplemental foods at no charge such as milk, eggs, juice, cereal, peanut butter, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
Referrals are made to other health services or to social services when problems are identified.
1. Pregnant, a woman breastfeeding a baby under 1 year old or a woman who has had a baby in the past 6 months, infants and children from birth until age 5.
2. Must meet income criteria.
3. Must reside in the State of Ohio.
4. Must be determined to be at nutritional risk by the WIC Health Professional.
5. The woman, infant, or child enrolling in the WIC program must be physically present at recertification or certification appointments.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED: Verification of income (i.e. current pay stubs or verification of medical or food stamps from ODJFS). Proper identification with date of birth (i.e. birth certificate shot record, or driver’s license) Proof of pregnancy, if pregnant Proof of address
HOW TO USE: Call or stop by for a scheduled appointment.
FEE POLICY: None